*I look forward to seeing you at Open House!
*Students need to be studying for Word clubs (materials in binder) Binder Words are assessed on Fridays- Grade 3 and Grade 2 students completed with all word lists assessed on "Under the Sea Words on Wednesdays.
* Parents please log in books into your child's 40 Book Challenge log (pink paper). Parent volunteers will just be checking on progress, not recording books.
* The students and I created a homework "contract" .Please see our Homework Routines/Expectations page for clarification regarding homework.
* Please continue to work with your child on correcting errors on papers sent home on Fridays. Skills continue to spiral throughout the semester until the final assessment.
* Binder Materials: Student Binders are being updated weekly. Any tools I put in binder rings (3-hole punched) are to remain in the binder. There are several learning materials in the binder that should be reviewed daily.
- Students have a list of all passwords in their binder. They should practice signing into Google classroom at home.
- Study pages for Mentor Sentences /Vocabulary/Spelling,
- Fluency words to practice reading with automaticity (fast as a snap). Students will be assessed weekly (typically Tuesdays-Grade 3 and Thursday Grade 2) and their list will be dated so you can see their progress.
- Recording sheets for Book Challenge
- THIRD GRADERS (Second graders who have passed all fluency words) Word study (Under the Sea) Students will be assessed on Wednesdays and their list will be dated so you can see their progress.This will begin for students who have completed their fluency words.
How can I help my student?
*Does your child know his/her facts? We are now moving into multiplication( third grade) and subtraction (second grade) so studying facts will help tremendously. Soem third graders are a little rusty on subtraction facts as well. Memorization of facts can help expedite problem solving.
*Do you read together? Have them read to you and ask them questions about what they read. Model good reading to them by reading to them yourself. Show them that you are a reader by letting them see you reading!
*Is your student doing his/her homework? Are you checking it to make sure they are doing it correctly? All homework sent home is practice of concepts we learn in class or skills for review. They need to be practicing what they have learned.Fixing errors "on the spot" leads to better understanding. Write me a note if he/she has difficulty.
*Are you going over their papers with them? If you help them to understand the things they are missing, they won’t make the same mistakes again. All subjects spiral, and there are plenty of opportunities to show improvement. Proficiency of skills are measured at the end of the semester.
* Keep in mind that students are to READ every night. We started our 40 Book Challenge and parent volunteers are updating binders. Thursday night's homework will always be a READ/study night. Please become familiar with your child's binder sections to see vocabulary/spelling/ mentor sentences and fluency words.
**Thank you for your continued classroom donations
**Thank you for supporting SEESAW. The kids love the encouragement
*If you have not done so already....Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so I can put you on our Weekly class information blast. Be sure to include your name and your child's name.
WHAT'S HAPPENING AT TLES
WHAT WE ARE LEARNING IN MARCH GRADE 3
ELA: Main Idea, Opinion, Text Features, Non-Fiction
WRITING/GRAMMAR: Expository/Opinion writing, Text Features, Poetry
SPEAKING/LISTENING: Volume, Eye Contact, Content, Visual Aides
MATH: Geometry- Area and Perimeter
SCIENCE/SS Citizenship- Matter Life Science (Adaptations/Biomes)
COMPUTERS: Google Docs Features, Google Slides, Google Draw
PBIS: School Expectations-
WHAT WE ARE LEARNING IN MARCH GRADE 2
ELA: Compare/Contrast Non-Fiction/ Text Features, Functional Text
WRITING/GRAMMAR: Expository Writing/Opinion writing, Writing Strategies, Collective Nouns
SPEAKING/LISTENING: Volume,Eye Contact,Content, Visual Aides
MATH: Measurement and Data
SCIENCE/SS Government/Family History--Life Science
COMPUTERS: Creating Documents/ Google Features, Google Slides, Google Draw
PBIS: School Expectations-